A Contemporary interior is known for its simplicity, subtle sophistication, texture and clean lines.
1. Neutrals, black, and white are the main colours in contemporary style interiors. The palette is often punched up and accented with bright and bold colours. We opted to use mustard in this look as it is currently on trend and a great colour for autumn and winter.
2. An open floor plan is an iconic design feature in contemporary homes and will create the perfect aesthetic throughout.
3. Avoid patterns. Contemporary style is all about simplicity. Polka dots, stripes, florals and any other patterns add busy details that clash with the no-fuss nature of a contemporary space, even when used as accents.
4. Invite in natural light by using floor to ceiling windows and saying goodbye to curtains.
5. Keep your furniture free of embellishments. Steer clear of details like scroll-style arms, engravings and trims. The legs and surfaces of your furnishing should remain clean and sleek.
Rebecca O’Fee -O'Fee Interiors
#contemporary #interiordesign #nzinteriordesigner #ofeeinteriors #ofeeinspo